Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Monday, September 7, 2015

Connolly Tarot Reviews

One of the decks in my Goodwill mystery box purchase is the Connolly (Elleen Connolly) tarot. I haven't used the deck in a straight out reading, but have been playing around with it. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I kind of do, to my surprise, but there things I don't like. Yet, I do like it. Then again…


I'm not the only one who feels this ambivalence. "Chronata" on Aeclectic Tarot wrote a review of the deck:
Connolly Tarot Reviews: Review by Chronata "Ah the Connolly tarot... I know a few people who absolutely rave about this deck, and I know quite a few others who absolutely detest it. Me?....I'm somewhere in the middle. Normally I wouldn't bother to write a reveiw for a deck that I feel kind of apathetic and "middle of the road" about, but this deck merits some appreciation from me because I actually use it often in professional readings." (Aeclectic.net)
She goes on to write that she uses the Connolly deck in Angel readings, with Angel decks. I can see that; I have Doreen Virtue's Healing with the Angels, Mary Queen of Angels oracle and her Angel Tarot. For times when I feel this is the way to go, it seems like the Connolly deck is a good deck to use, possibly with blended readings using these decks.


The colors are vivid and lovely. The illustrations are nice with a RSW feel in most cases. The cards are clear, easy to read, nice to look at. Gentle yet invigorating at the same time.






But I don't get some of the interpretations, like The Moon card. The Fool should have more action, more energy, instead he stands there rather calmly.  The Christian slant puts me off a bit -- though I just put that in a context of traditional Christian mysticism -- and I am a little put off with Death and The Devil renamed to Transition and Materialism. Then again, Doreen Virtue has done the same.




So, so far I like this deck, to my surprise. I'm not sure how much I like it yet -- I guess I like it more than I don't -- I am looking forward to using them in a reading, as well as blending them with other decks. It does seem like a good deck to use in conjunction with other types of decks (Angel cards, etc.) for those clients who respond positively to those images. I think I'll hold onto this deck for awhile.







No comments:

Post a Comment