Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Thursday, September 17, 2015

LeGrande Circus & Sideshow Tarot



From the Aeclectic Tarot site, this new deck with a circus theme. Here's the blurb from the site:

LeGrande Circus & Sideshow Tarot: The LeGrande Circus & Sideshow Tarot was created by a former professional clown, and has 78 cards illustrated in the style of vintage circus posters. Each major arcana card features a well-known circus archetype (from the magician to the balanced elephant), while the minor arcana show everyday scenes from life under the big top and its sideshows. - Created by Joe Lee
Tarot Deck - 78 Cards - US Games 2015
I am both intrigued and repelled (mostly repelled) by circus and carnival themes. (And I intensely dislike clowns. Disgusting things.)  After all, I come from circus folk. Really, I do. You can find my I Come From Circus Folk pages on tumblr and Facebook, as well as the following two poems about my circus folk experiences on my blog fragments, found: Big Duke, and Goat.

My grandmother, Louise Gladstone Lee, of the Tom Mix Circus


Another reason I despise circus and carnivals: exploitation of animals.




But back to tarot. I do enjoy the artwork, especially vintage circus posters and related items. I like The Magician card shown here. These cards do look like fun. I don't know if I would personally use them, doesn't seem to be a good fit for me. But as I've learned, you never know what you'll decide works for you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment