Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Follow-up: Three card reading by Kate

Image: Public Domain

The other day I posted a link to a YouTube video by Kate, a tarot reader I follow, and her style of a three card reading.  She places the cards face down, begins with the center card (the present) but then turns over the "future" card next.

Usually, tradition tells us to start with the past, move on in a linear fashion, present next, the future.

Kate suggests, as you'll see in the video, that you follow your instinct, but she does it as described, so I thought I'd try it.

I don't read with cards face down; I've tried in the past and didn't like that process. But I tried it again using Kate's method. I also read the present card first, then the future or energy the client is moving into, then, lastly, turn over the past. I've done several readings using this method and love it!

For a larger reading, like a ten card spread, I do not place the cards face down. But with this three card reading, it seems to work very well. Reading the flow of energy is easy and smooth and makes sense, and when I read the "past" card it represents both a past state of energy but also, strengths or support once experienced that can be called upon now, and in the future.

I've also found that this works very very well with Doreen Virtue's Angel Tarot, and it's fine for the Deviant Moon tarot, but I like it better with the Angel tarot. I haven't yet tried it with other oracle decks, such as the Angel Dreams deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment