Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sixteen Things Mentally Ill Pagans Have To Put Up With





Oh yeah. From Patheos.com -- How many times have some of us been at events and heard these, often from our fearless "leaders" who are supposed to be oh-so-damn-fucking-spiritual-more-than-you-that's-for-sure? Among my favorites are the following:

Sixteen Things Mentally Ill Pagans Have To Put Up With: 6. People acting like you somehow fail devotion to the gods if you have a mental health issue, especially if you are having a hard time and you are scaling back from your spiritual activities a bit for self-care, with bonus points if they say something along the lines of “I have a (minor) disability and I make myself get out of bed and do this and that and there’s no excuse for you!”
And this:

8. People saying “but you don’t look mentally ill!” or “you seem so high-functioning!”
Then this, which is something those pesky little debunker skeptoids like to say:
9. People treating you like any mystical experiences you have are invalid if you have a diagnosed mental illness, with the implication that your mental illness is creating hallucinations and delusions.
I admit I sometimes tell someone I'm praying for them without asking -- my intention is good, I just forget about the common courtesy of asking first. So when someone does that to me, I don't much mind.



However, it is interesting that the same holds true with readings. I would never do a reading on someone or their situation without their permission. I do not mean a reading for my own personal insight into the situation in the context of how I fit in; I mean a sort of "psychic spying" or intrusion. And in that setting, just how accurate could a reading be?


Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/paganswithdisabilities/2015/01/16-things-mentally-ill-pagans-have-to-put-up-with/#ixzz3PW8B7bh9

No comments:

Post a Comment