Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Thursday, July 3, 2014

UPDATE: Angel Dreams Oracle, Nettle, and Mammograms

(Update: After I posted this, I found out I have to go back in for another one. Something about baselines and "undefined mass" . . . ")

I love working with Doreen Virtue's Angel Dreams oracle. I seem to have an easy, comfortable and intuitive fit with this deck. I get strong and deep readings using this deck, whether for myself or for others.



Yesterday I had a mammogram. I had one, years ago, probably fifteen years ago or so. I didn't want this second one at all and fought against it, but because of my health status now I agreed that it might be a good idea. Maybe. So I had one but I hated every damn minute of it. I don't know why I reacted so strongly during the process; I'm pretty earthy and practical and things, sexual, physical, to do with the body, don't bother me. And yet I found it so horribly intrusive, I was crying a little. Yes, it was uncomfortable, physically, but not painful. The invasive nature was psychological. I found this reaction on my part disturbing and curious; why was I reacting so strongly against this? But I hated it and was angry at the whole thing from beginning to end. 

Today, I was thinking about yesterday's experience and how it bothered me so much, as well as why, as I was pulling cards in this deck. A card fell out -- Nettle. When I saw that card drop sharply to the ground I thought "Aha!" Nettle seems to fit here. Rough, painful, prickly, Nettle is not a pleasant thing to touch. Downright painful.



And yet Nettle has wonderful healing properties. (Natural News has a good article on benefits of Nettle.)

Nettle: Boundaries, caution. "Maintain your boundaries." "…approach with caution and respect." "Nettle is a plant of maternal and metaphysical protection that encourages adaptability and flexibility." (Angel Dreams Guidebook, Doreen and Melissa Virtue, p78)

Interesting that this card speaks about boundaries and respect, as well as assigning the maternal aspect to Nettle. Breasts are obviously a maternal symbol, providing nourishment, and Nettle "…provides deep nourishment…"
The need to be adaptable and flexible is interesting; maintain boundaries, yet be adaptable. Sounds contradictory at first, doesn't it? Yet it is possible to be flexible within one's boundaries. Finding balance seems to be one of the messages from this card. Nettle also protects from negativity. 

Maternal, nourishing, balance, protection.

I saw this card as a direct reflection of my prickly reaction to the mammogram. As usual when working with this deck, the card or cards that jump out -- and they do jump out! -- are a visual depiction of what I'm feeling at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment