Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Too Was A Telephone Psychic



Biddy shares Confessions of a Telephone Psychic with Alyson Mead | Biddy Tarot Blog.

I was a telephone psychic once; I hated it. My own experience differs from those Biddy Tarot shares. I did my thing from home; calls came into me at set times and I read cards for callers. We were told to only give positive readings (well, er, yes, but … and then … sigh) and to keep people on the line as long as possible. I never did that of course but that was the mandate. In fact, I remember one time I was trying to get the person off the phone, since the reading was done, and he and his pals had clearly been drinking. I felt it was a waste of their money. Anyway…

I did feel I helped people; I know I did. There were callers that were sincere and needed help and it is a good feeling knowing they did receive that.

There were also the kind, like the man who angrily demanded to know "Why the damn hell" can't I give him the winning lottery numbers, and, because I couldn't/wouldn't, gave a sarcastic laugh, said "I thought so!" and slammed the phone in my ear.

Overall, the job was pretty dismal and I didn't make much. But it was a good experience in many ways; I realized then that I could read cards and I did have the skills and gifts of both compassion and a psychic insight -- something that just seems to come awake through me when I read cards. Cards seem to be one of the strong tools for me to use in that context.


So I don't regret having been a telephone psychic, but it isn't something I'd do again. I don't put what I do now -- readings over the phone -- as the same thing, though I suppose technically it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment