Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Panther

Panther came to visit me last night in a dream. 


I look out my bedroom window; in the yard is a huge black panther. She is beautiful! And very large, as big as a car. She is not aggressive, just lying there, up against the white picket fence.  A collar is around her neck, and a rope -- more like a ribbon, which is also white -- attached to the collar. But the leash of ribbon isn't attached to anything. She can go wherever she wants. She seems content to just be where she is.
I go out there, she is aware of me. No danger and yet, I am cautious. Awed, and so grateful I am so close to this wonderful creature. I am happy she has decided to come to my yard! But I am worried, for her, and others. If she's someone's "pet" well, she shouldn't be! No one should own an animal like that! But if she's on the loose, is she a danger to humans? I don't know. She doesn't seem to be.  
Everywhere I go, there she is. Not following me, but just there. Quiet, calm. Yet as I peer into her her glossy fur, and see the even darker spots beneath the blue black of her coat, her fur, her skin, begins to ripple. There is immense power within.
I also worry about this incredible and beautiful creature. Is she okay put here by herself? Doesn't she need to run free, in open spaces? What about food? She can't survive out here, what is there to eat? She seems okay now but . . .
I try to tell people that she needs help, or at least, contact someone who can assess her situation, like animal control. But no one seems to notice her. When they do, they just shrug and move on. They don't appreciate the gift of her presence at all.
 I wake up feeling both comforted and happy at having this visit from Panther, but also a little sad.

Image: public domain, RWS deck


The Tarot image that came to me large and vivid  when reading this dream: The High Priestess. This came to me before I found the following -- I did a little searching and found this: "Black Panther's Power Includes astral travel, guardian energy, symbol of the feminine, death and rebirth, understanding of death, reclaiming ones power, ability to know the dark, aggressiveness and power without solar influence, reclaiming Power." (Black Panther, Power Animal, Symbol of Astral Travel, Feminine Energy, Death and Rebirth By Ina Woolcott)

The High Priestess has to do with the subconscious, dreams, intuition, power, and the sheer membrane between realms. The High Priestess knows how to journey through these realms. 


Interesting about the feminine, and reclaiming power. I've been having some health issues lately and yesterday had to take care of some of these issues; on pain pills, which I do not like to take at all and rarely do, and meditating on the karmic cycle of these issues.

Zuni Fetish, panther. Image: Regan Lee


Woolcott also writes: Panthers are generally loners, extremely comfortable with themselves and are often drawn to other solitary people. … People with this power animal can develop clairaudience, the ability to hear communications from other forms of life or dimensions. They must trust their thoughts and inner voice/visions as they are based in reality. This is an animal guide to assist you on your path, sometimes in the form of a real person such a mentor or teacher. The Black Panther is endowed with great magic and power, which will increasingly be experienced.

I am definitely a solitary person or "loner" but not lonely. 

The following gave me goosebumps; remember I said as I walked closer to Panther and looked at her fur, I saw her skin rippling:
Panthers possess acute sensitivity. The hairs that cover their lithe bodies, especially on the face, pick up subtle vibrations. This is symbolic for those with this guide. It is an indication of a need to pay attention to their feelings and honour the messages those feelings transmit. (Woolcott)

I've been doing work with ancestors and animal guides, and have had the zuni fetish of a panther shown here on my altar for awhile now.

Another image that strikes me: the juxtaposition of the stark black and white in the RWS card, and the black of the panther against the white fence in my dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment