Dreams Paganism Animals Guides Witchcraft Realms Angels Crystals Entities Dreams Oracles Magick Energies Supernatural Bigfoot Creatures and yes, UFOs . . .
Confidential Compassionate nonjudgmental

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year End Mini Review

Mini Albano-Waite tarot

Lisa Frideborg shared this; many thanks. Her suggestion for a 2014 Review: lay out three cards on the last day of the year. Many suggestions along the same lines, I decided on the following reading. I used my mini Albano-Waite tarot deck:

Left to right . . .

1st position (card 1): Lessons learned
2nd position (card 2): What to discard
3rd position (card 3): What to keep


You'll see that, even though this is a three card reading, there are four cards. That's because when I set down the cards, I found that the Nine of Pentacles was underneath the Page of Pentacles. So I used them both in that last position.

Three of Swords, lessons learned:
Grief, sadness, loss, depression. Express these, acknowledge, accept them. A part of life. But don't remain stuck, don't hold onto or sink into this realm. Learn from these events, these sides of myself. But look to the future, and what I do want. Not what I don't want or have lost. But what I want to gain.

This has been one of the consistent messages the cards have been giving me for the past couple of weeks!

Three of Wands, what to discard:
This is a positive card overall. Vision, the future. Possible travel. The work and knowledge and ideas have been expressed. How does this fit into the idea of "what to discard?" I see it as a message: okay, I've done quite a bit, and know what I want. Time to stop just standing there and looking wistfully at the expanse before me, and time to start moving! Literally doing, moving forward. Take it out of my head and emotions and into the concrete. Also a reminder to be confident.

Page of Pentacles, what to keep:
Flowing from the Three of Wands before, time to keep those fresh exciting ideas and start doing. The enthusiasm of the Page is great but it can also stop me from really doing -- stop being dazzled by the glitterings of the ideas, and do what needs to be done to make it happen. An encouraging card; keep the joy, but be practical about it.

Also had the Nine of Pentacles in this position:
Keep my focus. It's all good and learn to accept the good. I also see this as a reminder to be positive and not sink into that spiral; with that comes the grace this card represents. Acknowledge the importance of being kind, compassionate, which comes from remaining positive.

By nature, I abhor shallow don't worry let's all be happy nonsense. It's insensitive and passive aggressive. On the other hand, I know from experience that focusing, putting all of my intent on the stress filled, worrisome past only keeps it in the present. Remaining stuck is the result. Accept without judgement the shadow side, and accept the good that comes and is offered while keeping a positive vision of the future.



1 comment:

  1. Cool, it looks like you gained some valuable insights that will help you move forward in the new year... thanks for sharing and happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete